Jan 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Hi, all y'all,
I jumped back on FlyLady's bandwagon a couple of months ago and her Habit of the Month in November was ---ta-da---Menu Planning! After 2 months now I feel I'm really getting the feel for this after having had false starts in the past. As a homeschooling mom (read full-time volunteer educator) I have to get routines like this going to save my skin.
But this is the first time I've posted to MPM since last spring, so here goes for this week:


Monday: We travel to coop. Need a meal ready on our return. Therefore Crockpot to the Rescue!
Beef Stroganoff in the Crockpot

DD slices the shrooms. Check out the manicure!
Nothing challenging; I'll just follow the directions on the Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix package. This took about 5 minutes to put together because I bought beef already cubed. I speed-sliced my mushrooms (with the 10-yo's help!) using my egg slicer, a tip I learned from my Pampered Chef consultant.

Here's the recipe if you want to know if it's something you'd want to make (or if YOUR package doesn't have the recipe on it).
2# boneless chuck steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
10 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Beef Onion Soup Mix
1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1 can (15 0z.) diced tomatoes
1 container (8 z.) sour cream

1. In slow cooker, toss beef with flour. (This tip alone was worth trying the recipe. I've always gotten another dish dirty doing this separately.) Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT sour cream. Cook covered  on Low for 8-10 hours or HIGH 4-6 hours until meat is tender.
2. Stir in sour cream. Serve over hot cooked noodles.


Tuesday : A busy day at the barn AND a busy night at Pioneer Girls Club with a staff meeting for leaders this week. We need quick and easy. It's usually the night I treat (myself) to a frozen entree.
This week: Lasagna a la Stouffer's and a green veg and crusty bread.


Wednesday Bible Study in the morning and some errands ( or not if we get the predicted messy weather :-o  )
Either way, this looked good and easy:
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
scalloped potatoes, a green veg


ThursdayA stay-at-home day.Yeah! I want to try new vegetarian dishes. I had most of these ingredients on hand.
Vegetarian Moussaka


Friday TGIF!
D-I-Y Pepperoni and Anchovy Pizzas using frozen bread dough. Salad.


Saturday
DH's Choice. He loves to cook and I love to let him!


Sunday
Acorn Squash Soup. We had this in December and I've been thinking about it ever since.

We'll see if the Mid-Atlantic gets snow this week. If so I better stock up on bread and milk NOW!! (LOL)

Head over to Menu Plan Monday for lots, lots more dining ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Tell Mother All About It!

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...