Jan 29, 2010

How to Cure a Headache

It's nice to have a blog to work on when you're supposed to be giving your head a rest. In a lot of ways I did anything but. But it gave me the excuse I needed to spend two days fiddling and tweaking and finally until I finally got everything the way I imagined it to be.
I had so wanted 3 columns. At Three Column Blogger , I met the man of my dreams who easily, step-by-step, took me through the process of converting a typically boring Blogger template. He even can tell you how to adjust the width of the columns.
Now that I had my 3 columns, I needed a background to fit. But I still had to have a bird theme. And feminine, but not too cutsie. Some searching and I found my fairy godmother (after finding Prince Three-column) at The Background Fairy Today's entry was the Vintage Bird which I retinted in my Photosuite editing program. Et voila.
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the mention! I'm so glad you were able to find something that you could use from my site, for your blog. I really like how you paired up the bee background with the bird header. The bird looks cute with his new colors too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! I'm glad you liked my color adjustment. Pretty obvious now why I needed to. Never heard of a blue robin, have you?
    I also wanted to use your coordinating buttons as well, but couldn't figure out how. Will they only work for a website? Am I getting in over my head? :-P

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Tell Mother All About It!

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...